Thursday, August 1, 2013

ABSOLUTION

ABSOLUTION

This is the last poem in the first compilation of poems written by me over the years ‘Secrets of the Soul’. Absolution is defined as the act of freeing one self from blame or guilt, a release from consequences and obligations. Though the word itself has its origin in Christian theology, the concept is equally applicable to all religions – a confession and a pardon. Absolution to me is the state of having emptied yourself of all the, secrets of your soul and now you stand shorn of the cloak you have been wearing, exposed and undaunted.

Absolution

I stand exorcised
Of the ghosts of the past,
That haunted and hounded me,
Through the corridors
Of the path I had tread,
And through the halls of time.

I stand exposed,
Shorn of the cloak of desire
That had veiled my gnarled face,
With not a stitch to cover,
The nakedness that lay within
The confines of my existence.

I stand alone
In the midst of the swirling waters,
Hugging the protuberance,
Avoiding the final fall,
And vanishing over the edge,
To be swept away to oblivion.

I stand absolved,
Of all the guilt and shame, that eroded,
The entrails of my conscience,
As I shake the shackles from my ankles,
Break away from the bonds
That held me down.

2 comments:

Varsha Uke Nagpal said...

This must be Nirvana. When you can look at your self, accept your deeds, face them and then exorcise them. Cleanse your own self of guilt and forgive yourself. The best that one can do to attain freedom!

Sublimation said...

Jagdish Parikh : THIS POEM IS INDEED SOMETHING UNIQUE !

IT IS AN EXPRESSION OF THE DEEPER THAN THE DEEPEST -
SO SENSITIVE, SO PROFOUND, SO MYSTIC..........

''CONGRATULATIONS'' IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO CONVEY
A RIGHT RESPONSE..........

J.K.PARIKH.

THE PHILOSOPHY OF NOTHING

  THE PHILOSOPHY OF NOTHING It all started last night when I was watching the Tv. I do not pay much attention to the ads, but this one caugh...