Sunday, November 10, 2019

A JOURNEYS END - from SECRETS OF THE SOUL




A JOURNEYS END

They told me that he lived,
At the end of this road,
A man no more but a God.
His eyes they said,
Like fire did glow,
And that he seldom spoke.

For does not silence,
More than speech show,
The power of the divine.

My desire mounting,
I trudged along,
To seek solace and belong,
To his heavenly home.

The road so devious,
Like a serpent ran,
Over vales, hills and deserts,
Rivers, lakes and oceans,
But the end nowhere in sight.

Undaunted I pushed on and on,
I walked, I ran, I crawled, I swam.
Here a thorn did prick my feet,
There I was burned by the blistering heat.
Battered and bruised,
Yet not beaten, though tired,
I fell asleep.
And in that sleep there arose,
A wondrous scene.

I could see no road ahead of me,
I had reached the end,
For there lay instead, as I could see,
A dimensionless void.

And as I peeped, there arose,
A face that was mine.
Now I knew, that it is I,
I am the divine.

I awoke and found myself,
Staring at that scene,
Which till now, I had thought
Was the product of a dream.

Headlong I plunged,
Into the void below;
I found myself in a stateless state,
So I remain now.

No comments:

THE PHILOSOPHY OF NOTHING

  THE PHILOSOPHY OF NOTHING It all started last night when I was watching the Tv. I do not pay much attention to the ads, but this one caugh...