Wednesday, November 16, 2011

In Pursuit of Happiness

IN PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS


True happiness cannot be pursued. It just happens and is entirely subjective. So why look for definitions and other people’s views on it. It is that moment when all other thoughts come to a standstill and you are immersed totally in that moment of joy. It happens to different persons at different moments and these moments pass by. It is only when one has attained total internalisation and is at peace with himself does perpetual happiness occur. This is for each individual to experience and pass from one state to another to everlasting happiness ( as you may call it ), Ananda is the final stage of SatChitAnanda. This is what you will in find in Indian Philosopy. You can only pursue internalisation in a quest to understand your Self . Perpetual Happiness is the end..



For me, these moments of happiness ( please note ‘moments’ ) occur when I-



Gaze into the eyes of a child

experience the pure innocence reflected there

Feel the smoothness of its cheeks,

and see the smile on its lips.



Watch the sun rising

while taking a walk on the beach,

With the sound

and the rhythm of the waves.



Experience the colours

of the Fall in all its glory,

And see the paintings

of Monet in the nearby gallery.



Marvel at the beauty

of Rebecca in the Salarjung Museum,

And speak

to the roses in the garden.



These are certain moments and they pass me by,

They remain etched in my memory, as I try

To understand what is my quest,

To perpetuate these moments ,try my best.

For these are goals that move away,

Before I can rest and have my say,

And hope everyone finds happiness

On his way.


gssubbu



No comments:

THE PHILOSOPHY OF NOTHING

  THE PHILOSOPHY OF NOTHING It all started last night when I was watching the Tv. I do not pay much attention to the ads, but this one caugh...